Principles for Sporting Success
Like knowing any principles, they won’t guarantee you automatic success, though they do provide magic and success when worked.
That’s why I write my blog, put together the downloads, make the posters and wrote the book, because in understanding principles they become the guiding stars in making decisions amongst the clutter of all the details.
And if principles are a code, then the following is one code for being successful in sport.
- Understand behaviours, especially those of Needy People
- Develop concepts to work to
- Choose an on field playing aim
- Develop a playing picture or description to achieve the on field playing aim
- Identify the key skills, key techniques and key player attributes to achieve the playing picture
- Develop structure to your trainings so you practice the key skills, key techniques and cultivate the key player attributes
- Get the best out of your players
- Think about the future
- Develop a brain for your sport