Poster time again. I wasn’t going to do a poster for the Ninety Ninety Rule of Coaching, though when I looked at it, it’s too important part of the puzzle to leave out.
For the Ninety Ninety Rule of Coaching is:
90% of Coaching Sport is Fitness, Core Skills, Playing Structure and Understanding People and we spend 90% of our time developing the other 10%
So with this poster, it pretty much completes the task I set myself in coming to a greater understanding of the bigger picture of the coaching process.
There is still lots of little details to work out, though understanding the bigger picture helps one to better sort through the details and whether those details will work for you or not, and one will find a lot of details amongst all of the other coaching posters on the website as well.
And you’ll notice that most of the information is based around principles, and the reason for that is that principles provide a solid foundation, and from that foundation one can keep building out from.
And up until now, to have access to the required information to better understand the coaching process, one has to go higher and higher up the coaching ladder, for example:
Why does one have to wait until one gets to the higher and elite level before we start learning about understanding people in the coaching process, should that not be one of the first things we learn about, for do we not coach people at the junior and club levels?
So part of the reason why this website is here, is to disseminate the foundational information of coaching down at the grass roots level, for ultimately at the end of the day:
If one wants better results at International Level, one has to have better coaching at Grass Roots Level