Iceberg on the horizon, and if one sees one, you will know that 7/8ths of the iceberg will be underwater.
The Beauty Of Icebergs
And like icebergs, teams comes in all shapes and sizes, and generally the important things don’t get seen from a coaching perspective, for when watching a coaching session, everyone generally focuses on the drills being done.
Though the less obvious things of coaching like:
Generally stays below the surface, with very few people paying attention at all.
How To Reduce Conflict And Build Better Relationships
When watching someone else drills, just take note of how well the core skills are being done, for if they are not being done during a practice, how can one expect them to be done during a game.
And there in lies a secret, for we all know that repetition plays a big part in getting better, for that is how the brain develops better neural pathways and circuity, though it’s not the repetition of the skills that’s important, it the repetition of the core skills and techniques which is more important.
So in studying and learning about the underside of the coaching iceberg, for that is making up about 80% of ones coaching content, the other 20% is going to take up about 80% of your time